The old recipe our mothers taught us is undeniably good and will always be our favorite. But for a new twist to our old time favorite, here’s my Asian fried chicken recipe that will definitely make you the star of your family dinners and pot luck.
Macquelinedc’s Asian Fried Chicken
2 lbs. Chicken leg
3 cups Japanese bread crumbs
2 cups flour
2 cups water
3 tbsp. soy sauce
1 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 tbsp. ground pepper
4 cups oil for frying
How to cook
1. Wash the chicken and drain well.
2. Marinate the chicken in orange juice, soy sauce, and ground pepper.
Marinate for 1 hour.
3. Beat the eggs. Set aside.
4. Mix flour and water. Add salt.
5. Dip each chicken leg in egg and then in the flour mixture.
6. In a big plate spread the Japanese bread crumbs. Roll each chicken leg well and make sure it is well coated.
7. Heat the pan and cook the chicken until golden brown.
8. Serve with gravy or ketchup.